Please recheck me here.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dranieri, Sep 21, 2005.

1. dranieri

dranieri New Member

what happened is when we downloaded the fist time it was a web page then when downloading successive times there was added .tar.gz.1 in succession up to .tar.gz.3 when I extracted the ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz3 the file uncompressed and did this through putty.
    Now I am using the command rm ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz to remove the orphaned files and downloads.
    Should I rm the ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz3?
    Should I leave this untouched dbootstrap_settings install-report.template? Should I rm all of these listed ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz.3
    install_ispconfig ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz.2 ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz?download?

2. domino

domino New Member

Personal Message to your User PC sent. Go through IM.

see ya!

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, leave them untouched.

Delete ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz.2 and ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz?download. Then rename ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz.3 to ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz:
    Code:
    mv ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz.3 ISPConfig-2.0.9.tar.gz

4. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Follow up

This is a copy and past of my telnet session as of right now. Will not make one more single move till I hear from you. Think my wife and I are both getting inpaitent. My apologies.

ccs1:~# rm install-report.template
    ccs1:~# ls
    dbootstrap_settings install_ispconfig
    ccs1:~#

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Now you've deleted install-report.template against my advice... :p

Anyway, did you do anything to install_ispconfig? If not, you can install/update ISPConfig now:
    Code:
    cd install_ispconfig
    ./setup
    In that case you should go away from your computer and do something else for some hours. :) Impatience is no good when working with computers - I know what I'm talking about. I've been through all this some years ago... ;)

6. dranieri

dranieri New Member

Thank you for all your help. Going to change directory to root and walk away for a while. Have some other things to do anyhow.