Please, some kind soul... HELP!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Trunkles, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

Hi Folks.

A while ago I asked for help in thread http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49402

Whilst I got a couple of answers, I'm still totally lost. I still can't add domains of any sort. I don't know if I included the "domains" module. ANyone know how I can find out?

The situation is that I have a domain hosted elsewhere that I wish to move to my server (right next to me. ). What I'm trying to do is set up a sub-domain, test.mydomain.com, on the server here and use that to make sure everything is working fine before I move the real domain to the local server.

Please, can someone help me with this? Remote login is, as far as I know, enabled so you could log in from afar and see where I'm going wrong..

I suspect it's something trivial but I'm damned if I know what. :confused:

<On bended knees> Please, someone, HELP! </On bended knees>

Thankies.

Simon.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Make sure that you disabled the domain module. If you dont see a selectbox instead of a domain input field, then you have the domain module enabled. In that case, disable it under system > interface config.
    2) Create a dns A-Record for the sundomain that points to the IP address of your server. This dns A-record has to be created in the authoritive DNS server for that zone, this is not nescessarily your own dns server!
    3) Create a new website and enter "sub.domain.com" in the domain field, select the IP address in the IP field where you pointed the dns A-Record to and then click on save. If the IP address is not listed in the select field, add it under system > server IP.

3. Trunkles

Trunkles Member

Thank you Till!

I do believe I've got it working! :D:D:D