Please someone help!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jcowdrey, Feb 26, 2006.

1. jcowdrey

jcowdrey New Member

Hi,

I'm still having trouble accessing port 80 from external. On my local network everything fine both port 81 and 80 but if i got to a website that can check ports, for port 80 i get connection timout, but it works with port 81... I'm new to all of this... my router is setup to forward port 80 to my server at 192.168.0.2 I have a static ip of 149.135.12.8 i've set ispconfig to use 192.168.0.2 and my isp don't block any ports.

like i said, locally everything works fine. I'm hosting two sites www.whitfurrows.com and www.encorestudios.net. when i type in address both work locally.

also if someone could test www.whitfurrows.com:81 that would be great too.

I have shown screen output of both iptables -L etc in post called "Port 80 error"

Please someone help... I'm desperate... I feel I'm so close...

Thank you :)

2. hairydog2

hairydog2 New Member

www.dnsreport.com says that the name server for this domain is 149.135.12.8 but then it reports:

A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable. I can't continue since your nameservers aren't responding. If you have a Watchguard Firebox, it's due to a bug in their DNS Proxy, which must be disabled.

So maybe that's your problem.