Plugin schaal-24.de ISPConfig - Mailbackup

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by 30uke, Jan 8, 2020.

1. 30uke

30uke Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    I did install the following plugin:
    - link: https://blog.schaal-24.de/ispconfig/ispconfig-mailbackup/#comment-204710
    - ISPConfig – Mailbackup

I did post the following message on the website:
    Does anyone know where I can find more details to find out what is going wrong? Or what is going on? Might be me being impatient but after waiting half an hour...

Thanks.

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I'm not sure if here's anyone around that knowns the plugin like the website owner and author of the plugin does. So unlikely you will get a helpful reply here anytime earlier than through your comment on the page.

And by the way:
    yes, indeed.

30uke likes this.
  3. 30uke

Thanks.
    Is there a way I could monitor what is being changed? I am checking some log files regularly, like the once of Fail2Ban, mail logs, Apache logs, et cetera. I guess there has to be some file that would provide me some details about what is going on at the moment? Thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should wait 24 hours and then check if a backup has been created. Most likely the backups get created during the night similar to the ISPConfig website backups, I won't expect that a backup is created right after installation.

5. 30uke

Thanks. I did (try to) read the source files and it looks like the mail backups will be written to the same folder as the backups of the ISPConfig websites. This happens at the defined time indeed.

I did notice that I am not able to configure other back-ups (these are per mailbox). The last change is still not applied.
    When I change a detail of a mail user (Mailbox > Name), the red orb in the ISPConfig WebUI indicated there are two changes being populated to the server. It looks like setting the backup settings is holding this change up.

I don't feel like it is wise to restart services or the whole server... I regret that I did install this plugin (at the moment).

It's 22:33 at my place. It looks like other things work, so I will look into this tomorrow. But if someone could direct me into the right direction, that would be great. Thanks.

[​IMG]

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

30uke likes this.
  7. 30uke

Hello Till, The output of server.sh is:
    Code:
    root@s1:/# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    08.01.2020-22:47 - WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (2839). Continuing.

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method functions::idn_encode() in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/rspamd_plugin.inc.php:209
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/plugins.inc.php(120): rspamd_plugin->user_settings_update('mail_user_updat...', Array)
    #1 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mods-available/mail_module.inc.php(150): plugins->raiseEvent('mail_user_updat...', Array)
    #2 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/modules.inc.php(302): mail_module->process('mail_user', 'u', Array)
    #3 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/modules.inc.php(235): modules->raiseTableHook('mail_user', 'u', Array)
    #4 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php(180): modules->processDatalog()
    #5 {main}
      thrown in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/rspamd_plugin.inc.php on line 209

8. 30uke

Hmm... I did look into the file structure and compared the ones from the plugin and ISPconfig.
    This plugin overwrites:
    - /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/clases/functiontion.inc.php
    - /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/backup_plugin.inc.php
    And it adds:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mailbackup.php.ini

I think I have to restore these particular files from backup or from the ISPConfig installation files.
    Can I cancel the pending changes? And then just restore the files?

9. 30uke

This is what I have done:
    - restored the files (per my last post)
    - removed mailbackup.php.ini
    Now the red orb is gone and the problem seems to be solved but I will stay vigilant! I will test asap by changing some details of a mailbox (like the name) and see what happens.

EDIT: Tested and solved.
    Note to myself: do not do this ever again!

Thanks for helping me with this.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  10. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

May i ask you, why you installed this plugin? The mailbackup-function is part of the ispconfig-core since 3.1.

11. 30uke

Yes. I wanted to setup the mail backup but could not find the feature. I did some searches (Google) and then found the mail plugin. Decided to install it and later found the feature. So, my understanding was that this had to be the solution...
    So, it basically boils down to a mistake based on too little research.