Plz i need help in Ubuntu 7

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by alaa_all, Jun 6, 2007.

1. alaa_all

alaa_all New Member

i have a pc with ubuntu 7 the last version and every thing is running ok
    i have an executable program which called (DM) it runs in the /var
    folder and it needs another folder called /var/code for the configration
    i want to know how to run 2 (DM) program and with TWO differant configrations
    the problem is the program (DM) have the path inside to look for the configration in /var/code
    i wanna to know how to overide this path to make two code folders one in the /var and the other in the (/) and make the two (DM) program run in the same time with 2 differant configration

thanx in advance

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

I guess if there's nobody else here, who nows that programm "DM" this information does not really help.
    Next question is, if this idea of running two instances of "DM" with seperate configs is possible by design of this product. An for this the producer should be able to give you an answer.

3. alaa_all

alaa_all New Member

ok Sir if the producer is not available how to dis-assemble the program and to change the path in side plz i need urgant help and thanx very much
    for concern

4. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

if it is urgent, I would run the second instance in a virtual machine (e.g. VMWare)

5. chuckl

chuckl New Member

Difficult to help if we have no idea what this 'DM' does. dm is usually a device manager, can't imagine you would want two copies of that running. dm-crypt is a disk encryption system, ditto.
    If it is an Ubuntu package, then you might have more luck in the Ubuntu forums?