Pmadb configuration ... not OK

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by libarra, Oct 3, 2019.

1. libarra

libarra New Member

Greetings, I have followed the configuration guide
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/ubuntu-ispconfig-automated-install-script/
    To configure Ubuntu 18.04 and everything worked fine.
    I created a user in the ispconfig panel and I was able to import a database to the new hosting through phpmyadmin.
    Only when entering phpmyadmin the system threw me 2 errors.
    Error 1
    The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended functionalities were disabled.

This was solved by entering as root and clicking on the link "Find out why" which created the phpmyadmin database and when I log in as root I no longer see the error.

Error 2
    When I enter phpmyadmin as a User in addition to error 1 I get the error:

Pmadb configuration ... not OK
    General Relationship Options Disabled

The help comments that it is necessary to turn off the option $ cfg ['ZeroConf'] however it is not found in the file /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

I'm afraid to break something please can you guide me what to do to overcome this error?

First of all, Thanks.

2. libarra

libarra New Member

Apparently this error does not affect the performance of the databases, but if someone can shed light on this, I would greatly appreciate them.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Probably you choose to not configure the database during phpmyadmin installation?

4. libarra

libarra New Member

Till thanks for answering.
    What you are saying is true because the ISPConfig 3.1: Automated installation on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS guide Give these instructions in the phpmyadmin section:
    Due to a bug in dbconfig-common we can't automate the PHPMyAdmin installation for now. Hit 'enter' and on the next question select 'NO' (attention because the default is 'YES').
    I followed the instructions, do you know what else I can do?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's why I always recommend using the official install instructions aka perfect server guides and not a third party install script. To fix your problem, run:

dpkg-reconfigure phpmyadmin

and choose to configure phpmyadmin for mysql now.