POP3 problems, Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Fedora 8)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by garbagedigger, Dec 9, 2007.

1. garbagedigger

garbagedigger New Member

I'm very close to getting this setup working but I still have a slight problem. Now if I telnet
    the server on port 25 for smtp and I test the mysql virtual user name and password, it works. I can even do a test message as well by using the "data" command.

Now if I telnet the server on port 110 for pop3 it tells me I'm "okay" just like in the article but if I try to login with one of my mysql virtual accounts, it fails, leaving the message "-ERR login failed." I also tried testing the setup on evolution and thunderbird. I keep getting an -ERR login failed when it attempts a pop connect.

Any ideas? I thought this problem maybe related to the configuration files I setup on the second page of the article not pointing correctly to mysql database to get the use name and password information. I have looked through the files over and over again and I have things right. I use the right name and password for the vitrual.cf files.

Thanks!

2. garbagedigger

garbagedigger New Member

i figured it out

n/m, I'm a noob. It is working sweet now