POP3 Service reported as "stopped"

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bobby, Feb 10, 2006.

1. bobby

bobby New Member

in my installation of ISPConfig 2.1.1 (i know not the latest) the pop3 service doesnt seem to be running. im using postfix following EXACTLY how the Suse 10.0 Perfect Install guide says.

SOmeone let me know how to get the pop3 service running. Obviosuly this is causeing errors in basicly everything that has to do with mail. (i.e. Webmail, which i just installed) Webmail gives me a php "connection refused on localhost:110" or something like that which means the pop3 service isnt running. also ISPConfig says its "stopped" and it doesnt show up in "netstat -tap"

by the way, falko is the man and my new idol :)

2. bobby

bobby New Member

oops

oops. sorry. my bad.

this is an ispconfig specific question. it hit the wrong link in the site path menu above. :D

ill repost it in the correct forum. sorry. still answer if u can help though. or priv message me. thats cool too.:D

3. hosting

hosting New Member

bobby do you have any firewall enabled on the server ? well if so you might get rid of the php error by opening the 110 port or whichever port it is trying to use.

But myself i still have not been able to get ftp,bind and pop3 working at all (testing site on it another story) so probably somethings are not in place properly in the installer , but only maker of it can tell more about it. I wonder if the ftp on the demo site works.

4. k9www

k9www New Member

I found the same thing and posted in a different forum probably my bad, but here is what I did to get it going.

/etc/init.d/courier-authdaemon start
    /etc/init.d/courier-pop start

Then to make sure it starts automatically in the future:

chkconfig --add courier-authdaemon
    chkconfig --add courier-pop

Think that is all that is needed, but I haven't played with it past this point. Still reading the ISPconfig pdf.

Hope it helps ;)