Possible bug when changing customer of existing site

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tilman, Nov 22, 2023.

  1. tilman

    tilman New Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Hi,
    I created a new customer and changed the owner of an existing site to the new customer.
    After the changes have been applied, apache2 does not start anymore because the let´s encrypt certificate points to non existing files.

    In file
    /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/100-share.mydomain.net.vhost
    these two lines needed to be changed to use an exisiting cert/key:
    SSLCertificateFile /var/www/clients/client2/web13/ssl/share.mydomain.net-le.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /var/www/clients/client2/web13/ssl/share.mydomain.net-le.key
     
  2. pyte

    pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

    How did you do that? Did you change the "client" field for the domain?
     
  3. tilman

    tilman New Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Yup, this is exactly what I did.
     
  4. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Is there maybe a .err file for this website in the sites-available folder of apache or nginx?
     
  5. tilman

    tilman New Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Here we go...
    mydomain is just a placeholder for the original domain
    Added .txt extension to allow upload
     

    Attached Files:

  6. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    A .err file gets created when apache is unable to start with the new config. So there is no bug here, that the SSL path did not change is just a symptom that the config was invalid and apache failed to start with it. Most likely some of the custom config you added in apache directives field is invalid so Apache refuses to load it, in this case, ISPConfig has to roll back to the last working config file and is also unable to change the SSL cert path which would be needed for the client change. What you can do to get the full error message is to rename the .vhost file of the site to e.g. vhos.bak, then rename the .vhost.err file to .vhost and finally restart apache and check the logs to see why it fails.
     
    pyte likes this.
  7. tilman

    tilman New Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Hmm,
    sorry, but I I cannot agree to your statement "So there is no bug here".
    If such a minor change like assigning another customer to a website causes the system to become instable, from my very personal POV, it is a bug.
    But nethertheless ISPConfig is a very good product and am using it for decades (and will continue).
    Thks. for all your work.
     
  8. pyte

    pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

    As till explained above that is not what caused the issue. And works just fine.

     
    till likes this.
  9. tilman

    tilman New Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Hmm, might be, that I am wrong, but, as far as I can remember, I ONLY changed the customer and apache was working fine before.
     
  10. pyte

    pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

    You know you could validate that if you read what till already wrote and do so and report back in the forum:
     
    till likes this.

Share This Page