Possible bug.

Discussion in 'General' started by kurt2000, Oct 6, 2007.

1. kurt2000

kurt2000 New Member

Hi

I've created a client with login 'test'. I also created a reseller with th login 'test'.

Isn't that a bug ?

The Client was created in the admin folder and the Reseller was created in the reseller folder. When trying to move the client from the admin folder to the Clients folder ISPConfig reported that the user already existed.

With kind regards
    Svend

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

How exactly did you move the client?

3. kurt2000

kurt2000 New Member

Editing the client and choosing another folder to reside in. The Client and the reseller had same password, so when i tried to log in as a reseller (forgot that the client was there with the same username) the DNS manager was missing, and thats how i found out that the check was missing.

EG. Does there exist a client with same username before i create a reseller ?

I have reproduced the bug with a client and reseller with same login 'test'.

With kind regards

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This does not sound like a bug to me. ISPConfig correctly reported that you tried to create a user test when you had already a reseller with the same login. Moving a folder just cjecks again your logins.

5. kurt2000

kurt2000 New Member

I think you have misunderstanded me, the move operation was only in the text to illustrate when i found out that another user existed.

I've reproduced the case :
    Create a client test with login test, create a reseller test with login test.

The move operation is obselote.

With kind regards.

6. till

Ok, I added this to the bugtracker.

7. till

I tested this with ISPConfig 2.2.17 and can not reproduce the problem. I looked at the sourcecode, the username is checked agains the sys_user table which also contains the reseller usernames.

Maybe you tried this in the ISPConfig online demo? The username check and creation of user accounts is disabled there.