Post Install MultiServer

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by NeonTigerUK, May 15, 2015.

1. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi All
    Just wondering how easy it will be to add further servers to my ISPConfig installation over time? I am planning to create a Virtual Server (VMWare) for each client - can you please advise how I can incorporate these new servers into my existing ISPConfig 3 panel?
    If it is not possible - is there a multi server setup guide for Debian 7 or 8? I can only find ones for 6 and earlier
    Current OS Debian 7
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can add as many servers as you like at any later time, same procedure that you used for your current servers,

3. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi Till
    Only have the one server at the moment ....

And these can all be managed through a single ISPConfig panel?

Plan is to migrate to having one (small HDD) server running ISPConfig and all required then adding in a dedicated eMail, dedicated MySQL, Multiple Web, (all with shadowing - if I can work that minefield out) and 2 DNS Servers.

Is there a guide somewhere on here, that covers setting up shadowing / failover servers with ISPConfig 3?

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  4. till

Yes.

You can use the mirroring multiserver setup for that, the only part that you have to add is either a loadbalancer in fron to direct the traffic or a IP failover.

5. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

OK, i'm going to add a few servers and try this ... i'm going to trash my existing server once the "farm" is working .....
    if I follow the guideline in Debian 5 multi-server but replace Lenny with Wheezy should it work ok? or is there anything specific I will need to change

6. till

This should work with wheezy as well, I just did not had the time to write new guides yet.

7. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi Till

Hope you can help - I'm having a strange problem,

I've got to the point of making the MySQL changes prior to installing ISPConfig on the first server, with the servers not being local to me, I have to connect either by IP Address or HostName - I can browse to :80 without problem but as soon as I put /phpmyadmin/ on the end it tries to download a file ... and I get no webpage.

Any advice?

I also will be adding 2 further web serving servers, is there anything I need to do (apart from add the SQL permissions by modifying the existing strings for the new servers)?

This multi server environment will (if it works) be 10 servers at launch .... 1 ISP Config / 3 Web / 2 eMail / 2 MySql / 2 DNS

8. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

I've also had to refer back to the Wheezy setup guide in a couple of places as undocumented questions have come up (apache setup)
    Configure database for phpmyadmin with dbconfig-common? <- no
    Also the repository strings are quite different in Wheezy.
    Makes me wonder if there are other steps in the Wheezy guide that need to be completed?