Postfix address rewrite

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alex916, Jun 21, 2006.

1. alex916

alex916 New Member

Can i configure postfix for rewrite the mail address of some user when they send email, without breaking ISPconfig?

If yes, when i upgrade ISP with a new version, will i have to change again postfix's main.cf?

Thanks

Alex

2. alex916

alex916 New Member

I have this problem.
    A internal mail server with domain test.local send mail using a Ispconfig server.
    I have to rewrite the email address of all emails from the internal server with another.
    On postfix website, i read about smtp_generic_maps that could be good for me.
    I modified main.cf with
    smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
    and in /etc/postfix/generic there is:

[email protected]l [email protected]
    [email protected]l [email protected]

After postmap /etc/postfix/generic, i restarted ispconfig but,when i send mail from test.local server to outside, it doesn't work and the address email are always @test.local.

Can Someone help me?

Thanks

Alex

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes.

No, the main.cf is only chnaged during initial installation.

4. till

Why dont you use the email redirect in ISPConfig?

5. alex916

alex916 New Member

hi Till, thanks for your help.
    I tried to search in the ISPC manual but i havn't founded nothing about change email address of email that transit on the server.
    How can i use redirect?

6. till

Setup a new email user and then enter the destination email address in the options of the mail account.

7. alex916

alex916 New Member

i tried but it doesn't work like i want.(or i made a mistake)
    i have this:

1 exchange server and 5 clients. This clients have only one external email like [email protected] but exchange is stupid and it want that every client has a different address so when they send an email, who recive that see the internal email address.

My idea is to configure exachange to use like smtp server my ISPConfig and change all the sender address from @domain.tld to [email protected].

I know that it's possible with postfix but i can't understand where i made a mistake.

Thanks

Alex

8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer