Postfix all virtual domains getting relay access denied

Discussion in 'General' started by Curtis Maurand, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Hello,
    I had to rebuild this system from scratch last week. I reconfigured services once I got it going and dns is working, email is partially working and some domains are getting rejected others are not all the rejections have to do with relay access. I don't know which configuration to check. mail_relay_recipient is empty,, mail_transport is empty, mail_domain has content, mail_user has content, mail_forwarding has content,

Something is slightly wrong and I'm not sure where to look. Please let me know what you need from me.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you mean when sending to these domains, or when email users on these domains try to send you get errors?

You said you reconfigured services, which is good - make sure you also resync everything under Tools > Resync.

As for info, post your main.cf, master.cf and at least one set of logs for a delivery attempt showing the error (with explanation of who the sender/recipient is (local user or remote)). If you have several different errors, post examples of each.

3. when sending to these domains. testing from gmail and did some testing from o365 same error. not all domains, either. I have 3 mailboxes, [email protected] - works, [email protected] - works, [email protected] - bounces. I can't see any differences in the setups in the mailboxes.

4. *sigh* I should check things more closely. had a dns problem with the domain name registrar (wrong name servers), but reported correctly in their portal. required a phone call.

Apologies for the bandwidth. I also re-synced, though, currently, there is only one server. I need to go back to the manual for setting up high availability and a second server. Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019