postfix and telnet

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Randy, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Randy

Randy New Member

Hi people,

I've noticed that there are many postings regarding the e-mail system. That's why I thought that i shouldn't stay behind....;-)
    Can anybody advise me regarding the following please ! (in fact 2 questions).
    I reinstalled postfix and saslauthd according to the perfect debian sarge setup because I did't get the "250-STARTTLS 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
    250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN" anymore when I did the telnet session with "ehlo localhost" . Reinstallation didn't help,(even recreated the ssl certs) I cannot find any error messages (mail.log, mail.err, syslog, messages) and I cannot send messages anywhere (not local and not to the internet). How can I get the auth login and starttls to work with telnet to port 25?
    2>
    I get "relay access denied" when sending. System messages send to a local user account (admin) I can retrieve through the local kmail client, but as soon as I send I get the above error message. I have tried to follow as many postings as I could regarding the same issues, but couldn't find any working answer.
    Probably depends on question 1?
    Regards,
    Randy

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What error messages are in your mail log?
    What's in /etc/postfix/main.cf (please strip out the comments)?

Do you use ISPConfig?