Postfix cannot work normally after myhostname changed ?

Discussion in 'General' started by newbie2008, Feb 19, 2009.

1. newbie2008

newbie2008 New Member

Hi all,

All my client's email route to my administrative account whenever I use catchall or not !!!

I have searched the related forums but cannot get help. After I have changed myhostname from AAA.com to BBB.com in main.cf, I restart everything even reboot the server, abnormal thing happened.
    All virtual domain user's incoming email routed to the administrative account of BBB.com, whenever I check or uncheck the catchall box. The outgoing email from virtual domains are sent out correctly with their virtual domain name.

Forgive my less knowledge in mailserver and ispconfig setting, I wonder the myhostname must use mail.BBB.com and cannot use the same hostname of BBB.com ? :confused:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Better use something like server. BBB.com or mail.BBB.com as myhistname in postfix or you can not use BBB.com as website on your server.

3. newbie2008

newbie2008 New Member

Hi Till,

Thanks for your prompt reply, it is useful info for me. Your meaning is; when I use BBB.com as mail server, then BBB.com cannot use as website. But how about if I only use BBB.com as mail server and http://BBB.com use ispconfig default index page, if this workable?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you don't create mail accounts for BBB.com in ISPConfig, that should work.

5. newbie2008

newbie2008 New Member

Falko, your prompt and useful reply are much appreciated. I like using ISPconfig continue, and going to try version 3 in my other server.:D

Simon