Postfix / DBmail delivery issue.

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by touchtecservers, Feb 5, 2009.

1. touchtecservers

touchtecservers New Member

Hi, I am currently setting up a server that uses Postfix and DBmail to store email accounts for a wide variety of domain names.

Basically, I just want postfix to deliver whatever email it receives to DBmail if dbmail has the email address in its alias or usernames table.

I followed the dbmail guide, and originally left local_receipient_maps empty and added the mailbox_transport to use the dbmail-lmtp i set up in the master.cf file.

I then set up two dbmail users with the username the same as the mail alias. For the purposes of this thread, I will call them [email protected] and [email protected].

Now the DNS records for domain1 point to the server's IP, this includes of course the MX record. The DNS record for domain2 only has the MX record pointing at the server's IP. However, using the settings described by dbmail, upon receiving an email for the above aliases/usernames Postfix Rejects the email saying "relay access denied".

I managed to sort this out by creating a new database table for allowed domains for the mydestination field. Now however, though it receives the mail - it bounces it and forwards it to the root account.

I have been search google, and cannot find any information.

Please help.

2. touchtecservers

touchtecservers New Member

I fixed it

I fixed it

All I had to do was change mailbox_transport to virtual_transport and provide a mysql lookup to a domain table for the virtual domains.