Postfix Disclaimer

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by yasantha, Mar 27, 2009.

1. yasantha

yasantha New Member

I followed the following document to setup a disclaimer to my mail server.
    http://www.howtoforge.com/add-disclaimers-to-outgoing-emails-with-altermime-postfix-debian-etch

My server os is Centos 4.6. I followed the instructions perfectly. but after everything is done, the mails get returned (Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender) with the error

service unavailable. Command output:
    mime_alter.c:2192:AM_insert_Xheader:NOTICE: Adjusting temp file name for
    header insert

Several error are coming to maillog too. Is there any other method to setup a disclaimer to postfix on Centos. Has anyone encountered this problem.

Thanks

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

3. yasantha

yasantha New Member

Thank you topdog. I downloaded it and tried to install. There is a dependancy problem.

# rpm -Uvh disclaimer-milter-0.7-1.i386.rpm
    warning: disclaimer-milter-0.7-1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 990dd808
    error: Failed dependencies:
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by disclaimer-milter-0.7-1.i386
    rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by disclaimer-milter-0.7-1.i386

How can I overcome this issue. And at the same time pls provide some instructions on howto configure this.

4. topdog

topdog Active Member

Centos 4.6 is really behind that is why you get that glibc error, you can grab the source rpm and rebuild it on your machine.

5. topdog

topdog Active Member

But with your version of centos i doubt that the postfix will support modification of messages by milters as even centos 5.x ships with only version 2.3.x which does not support body modifications by milters.