Postfix, Exchange and rspamd

Discussion in 'General' started by pyte, Feb 12, 2024.

1. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    again i need some help to understand some stuff and might come up witht he "best" solution.
    In my current setup we have alot of domains that are transport domain that relay mail to and from our exchange servers. I've created a script to handle DKIM generation and rotation for all the domains that are we manage DNS for and are transport domains, which works fine now. But while debugging this new script and dkim i've run into another issue - rspamd checks all outgoing mail too, so it also checks the mails coming from my exchange server which relays them without authetification. As these exchange servers are located in private network, they have private IPs and rDNS resolving is not working. This leads to rspamd appending the following symbols for each mail:

• HFILTER_HOSTNAME_UNKNOWN
    • AUTH_NA
    • HFILTER_HELO_IP_A
    • RDNS_NONE
    • R_PARTS_DIFFER
    • HFILTER_HELO_NORES_A_OR_MX
    Does anyone have an idea on how to solve these issue? May exclude some rspamd checks when the IP is one of the exchange servers?

Any help and ideas are appriciated

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can whitelist IP addresses with rspamd. I think you can already do this through the ISPConfig UI.

3. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

But fully whitelisting them might not be the best solution as mails that are obviously bad will still get routed. I don't know for sure if that's what i want.