Postfix file for mysql/mariadb on localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by gscaglia, Aug 14, 2023.

1. gscaglia

gscaglia Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have updated debian to bookworm and the mariadb database with cluster jail (ISPConfig is at the current version 3.2.11), which communicates with the various nodes in ipv6, no longer accepts calls on 127.0.0.1 but only on localhost (or on :: ).

Is there any possibility to have all postfix config files (eg mysql-virtual_uids.cf etc) querying the database point to host=localhost instead of host=127.0.0.1 for future ISPConfig updates as well?

Or do you recommend acting on mariadib by unlocking access to 127.0.0.1?

Thanks a lot

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

if you like to change that on your system, then copy the relevant template files from install/tpl/ folder of the ISOConfig tar.gz file to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ to make your changes update-safe.

3. gscaglia

That is, for example, I copy the mysql-virtual_uids.cf file containing all the settings plus my modification to host = localhost in the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ folder (and so on for all the other modified files ) and at the next ISPConfig upgrade will I find the changes already made?

I ask Till for confirmation because I want to be sure of this new mechanism which also applies to the much more delicate dovecot.conf in the configuration for email synchronization between two servers.

Thanks a lot

4. till

No. You must copy the matching template from the folder install/tpl/ of the ISPConfig tar.gz file to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ and then modify the template.

5. gscaglia

For example, this is the code of the mysql-virtual_gids.cf.master file contained in the install/tpl folder of the ISPConfig tar.gz file
    Code:
    user = {mysql_server_ispconfig_user}
    password = {mysql_server_ispconfig_password}
    dbname = {mysql_server_database}
    hosts = {mysql_server_ip}
    query = SELECT gid FROM mail_user WHERE email = '%s' AND postfix = 'y' AND server_id = {server_id}
               AND EXISTS (SELECT domain_id FROM mail_domain WHERE domain = SUBSTRING_INDEX('%s', '@', -1) AND active = 'y' AND server_id = {server_id})
    And this is the code from the same file modified with host = localhost which I have to put in the folder /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/
    Code:
    user = {mysql_server_ispconfig_user}
    password = {mysql_server_ispconfig_password}
    dbname = {mysql_server_database}
    hosts = localhost
    query = SELECT gid FROM mail_user WHERE email = '%s' AND postfix = 'y' AND server_id = {server_id}
               AND EXISTS (SELECT domain_id FROM mail_domain WHERE domain = SUBSTRING_INDEX('%s', '@', -1) AND active = 'y' AND server_id = {server_id})
    It's right?

Thanks a lot

6. till

Yes, that's fine.

gscaglia likes this.