Postfix keeps changing path of /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db in main.cf

Discussion in 'General' started by reason8, Apr 20, 2016.

1. reason8

reason8 Member

Hello and good evening.
    I am running openSUSE 13.1
    I am having a recurring problem with Postfix main.cf.
    It seems to keep reverting to an old path and location of the virtual-mailman.db.
    Current it is set to:
    virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
    While it should be set to:
    virtual_alias_maps = /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
    This is stopping email from flowing on the ISPConfig server.
    I am not sure WHY it keeps happening but I am beginning to suspect it occurs when I run an update of ISPConfig using php -q update.php.
    I am also seeing pure-ftpd.conf reverting values as well.
    The only reason I can tell is when I try to update website changes and the files keep incrementing by 1 (index.php1... 2... 3... etc).
    Looking in pure-ftpd.conf shows that AutoRename has reverted to YES along with ProhibitDotFilesWrite is reverting to NO.
    Any reason why running ISPConfig update is breaking both of these configurations?
    Update:
    I just made changes to pure-ftpd.conf and restarted the service with "service pure-ftpd restart"
    This reverted my changes in the configuration file.
    However, when I used "/etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart" the changes did not rever.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016