Postfix mydestination problem

Discussion in 'General' started by gzero, Nov 29, 2006.

1. gzero

gzero New Member

Hi,

I have created a website called "www.test.com"

When i create this website and I add a user for this site so they can use FTP and Stats the domain "test.com" will be added to the mydestination file for postfix. In this site I will use SMTP to send out emails (contact form). Problem is that i want to send an email to user "[email protected]" but this user is not on this system but on another email system. This way postfix will return an error that the local user cannot be found (it doesn't use the DNS MX record but send to itself).

Anyway of fixed this?

Thx,

gerzo

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Set mailserver to external in the settings of the website www.test.com and in all of the co-domains of this website.

3. gzero

gzero New Member

I tried what you told me to do but still the mail doesn't get out of the system.
    If i check the "local-host-names" file the domains are still in it.

I have set all mailservers to external and i have no Co-domains.

What am i doing wrong?

-gzero

4. till

Please check the co-domans again, they where created by ISPConfig automatically. Open ecahch co-domain and set them to external too. Also make sure that you empty the recycle bin, in case you deleted the co-domains.

5. gzero

gzero New Member

I have checked all my domains and all the Co-domain options are empty as you can see in the attached picture. There are also never any Co-domains created or deleted by me. You say they are created automatically?

Attached Files:

6. till

Yes, they where created automatically if you did not modify the ISPConfig code. Maybe you deleted them, please check the recycle bins.

7. gzero

gzero New Member

Strange...

I just created a new site and it does create the Co-domain. I think i know what could be the problem. Last week i moved this server from our intranet to our DMZ with external IP address. Because of this i needed to change the IP of the server and also inside ISPConfig. Now I think because of this I don't see these Co-domains anymore.

Anyway of fixing this?

8. gzero

gzero New Member

I've checked all my sites now and i can find a few of these co domains.

I have many sites (sub-domains) and it seems that for every site (domain) created it will create an initial Co-domain. After you create another site (subdomain) of this domain it will not create another co-domain. Except for one domain where i have 5 sites created all with different sub-domains but 2 of them have a Co-domain instead of 1 for all the other domains in my system.

I have the feeling I'm not understanding the Co-domain part correctly...

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

It works like this:
    If you create a web site www.example.com, a Co-Domain example.com is created automatically.
    If you create another web site sub.example.com, no other Co-Domain is created because example.com already exists and belongs to the first web site.