Postfix Mystery On ISPConfig OVA File

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by yupthatguy, May 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

Guess who's back, :) Don't run..:(. I come bearing gifts...:cool:

Fellas, in light of my rather long list of "noob" posts a few weeks back... I decided to go back and bang my head against the keyboard until I got the .ova file for the Debian 10 Perfect Server tutorial working in virtualbox, so that I can do my "noobie bumbling" in a slightly less public space than this forum.

And, of course, I decided to keep good notes as I went, resulting in this "Annotation HowTo" that I published to help other noobs get started with the .ova file in virtualbox and, thereby, reduce the number of posts from folks like me in a forum like this. :D

Check it:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...-the-howtoforge-ova-file-in-virtualbox.86952/

In any case, along the way, I did run into one mystery that I can't decipher myself.

Whenever I run lynis in the vbox environment, I get the following error message:
    Code:
    [+] Software: System tooling
    ------------------------------------
      - Checking automation tooling
        - Ansible artifact                                        [ FOUND ]
      - Automation tooling                                    [ FOUND ]
      - Checking presence of Fail2ban                    [ FOUND ]
     Found no accessible config files for 'filter.d/postfix-sasl' under /etc/fail2ban
     Unable to read the filter 'postfix-sasl'
     Errors in jail 'postfix-sasl'. Skipping...

I don't get this error on my prod server, that I manually configured according to the tutorial. I compared (diff) files in /etc/fail2ban/filter.d can't see anything immediate indicator of what could be wrong.

Any thoughts?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The message is about a fail2ban config file and not a postfix file, postfix is not involved here. Change the line:

filter = postfix-sasl

to

filter = postfix

in /etc/fail2ban/jail.local file and restart fail2ban. I've checked the tutorial and it was changed in the guide already.

3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

4. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

??? Kudos, I like it... but not related? :confused:

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Comment was supposed to be on your other thread. Instead of using those old guides with the old .ova file, use the AI instead.