PostFix: Not receiving incoming email

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by R0l@ndSm0ke, Feb 17, 2007.

1. R0l@ndSm0ke

R0l@ndSm0ke New Member

Hi again,

I've setup the Perfect Suse 10.2 again. Finally got most everything working. However, I am unable to receive mail on any of my domains. From my readings here are some of the logs that may help in troubleshooting.

View attachment local-host-names.txt

View attachment mail.err.txt

View attachment mail.txt

View attachment main.cf.txt

I can send email out or to/from any local domains, but am not receiving and I'm not seeing any obvious errors.

EDIT: I've also verified that I can access port 25 from and outside carrier.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please run
    Code:
    postmap /etc/postfix/virtusertable
    /etc/init.d/postfix restart

3. R0l@ndSm0ke

R0l@ndSm0ke New Member

Done. Doesn't seem to have helped with inbound though.

I am seeing some different errors in the log that I hadn't seen before.

Here is the most recent. You will notice a 450 error.

View attachment mail.txt

4. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

5. R0l@ndSm0ke

R0l@ndSm0ke New Member

I've taken care of everything except the MX records. They appear to be set correctly.

A record
    mail A 65.41.229.252

MX
    mail MX 10 frankentech.org

6. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

It looks better now, but you will need to get that MX error fixed, or you will not receive mail..

Mail send to you needs to find it's way!

I still do not see the MX record!

Maybe give mail MX 10 @, with and an A recod like @ A your.server.ip a test...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  7. falko

8. R0l@ndSm0ke

R0l@ndSm0ke New Member

Using this page that edge posted (thank you very much), I have been able to work out many of the troubles. With all the DNS records appearing to be set correctly now.

If you notice I am still having a problem in the "MAIL" section. Any help that you can provide in this area would be greatly appreciated. Oh, specifically the host name section. I'll be adding SPF after I get the rest of this mess worked out.

Also, I keep reading in most cases where people use the "IN" statement in their zone files and zone file generators typically put it in. Is there any reason this statement is really necessary?

I also have other domains I've created with ISPConfig. The results are much shorter and more troublesome for them.

http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=frankentech.net
    http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=codeterminate.com

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  9. R0l@ndSm0ke

R0l@ndSm0ke New Member

Alright, so I added mail as a host name in the hosts file and fixed the host name problem. This begs the question, what should I put in my hosts file?

Should I include host information for every domain if I want each of them to show as whatever.dom or mail.whatever.dom? In other words, if someone is emailing to or from codeterminate.com, I don't want anyone to be able to see that the mail server is actually on frankentech.org.

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to put only these domains in the hosts file that are not reachable through normal DNS. Also the hosts file works only locally for you, if you want someone to send mails to your domains, thei must be registered and configured properly in DNS.

11. R0l@ndSm0ke

R0l@ndSm0ke New Member

Hopefully my final question. I seem to have pretty much everything solid.

When someone access theirdomain.com:81/webmail for UebiMiau Webmail the location seems to redirect to the mydomain.com:81/webmail. Is there any way to correct this so that when they go to theirdomain.com:81/webmail it stays there?

12. falko

Correct the ServerName in /root/ispconfig/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and restart ISPConfig.