Postfix problem with --no-mail install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tobiasp, Aug 23, 2021.

1. tobiasp

tobiasp New Member

Hi,
    I've just installed ISPConfig on a fresh Debian 10 (php-cli 7.3.29) with the following options:
    Code:
    wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --interactive --use-php=7.3,7.4,8.0 --use-ftp-ports=40110-40210 --no-mail --no-dns --no-roundcube --no-mailman
    (btw. install fails if 7.3 is not part of the use-php option)

The Problem:
    Mails sent by ispconfig (e.g. password reset) don't get sent to the configured smarthost because postfix tries to connect to amavis on port 10026 but since ispconfig was installed with --no-mail option amavis is not installed on the server...
    Code:
    Aug 23 15:22:14 host1 postfix/lmtp[6156]: BEF161342CE1: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=766, delays=766/0.01/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10026: Connection refused)
    I checked the postfix config files... and "content_filter =" also no mention of amavis or port 10026 in any config file... so I don't know why it still wants to connect to port 10026.

my quick and dirty workaround was to apt purge postfix and then reinstall it as a satellite system (so smart host only).
    since ispconfig_update.sh correctly sees "Service 'mail_server' has been detected (currently disabled)" I hope it will not try to reconfigure anything on update.

but any help would be appreciated.
    cheers

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    ahrasis likes this.
  2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That might be this bug, and not the autoinstaller (or might be a bug in the autoinstaller with the same symptoms). You'll need to fix main.cf and/or master.cf manually, and you can enable 'Use SMTP to send system mails' and set smtp settings in Main Config for ispconfig emails (but should still fix main.cf/master.cf if that's affecting other system emails). The config to change is probably just the tag_as_{originating,foreign}.re in smtpd_sender_restrictions, but also try 'postconf | grep -E "amavis|1002"' and 'postconf -M | grep -E "amavis|1002"' for other things to look at.