Postfix Send RBL to Junk

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bschultz, Mar 29, 2020.

1. bschultz

bschultz Member

Is there a way to send RBL Blacklist emails to JUNK as opposed to rejecting them?

Thanks!

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'm using Postfix + amavis, and if a email triggers a RBL the spam score just goes up.

3. bschultz

bschultz Member

What's your Postfix or Amavis config to do this?

4. Th0m

Nothing special... Where did you set the RBLs and are you using amavis or rspamd? How did you set up the policy?

5. bschultz

bschultz Member

Amavis. Used the Debian Perfect Server Howto.

Postfix main.cf - added as such: reject_rbl_client dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net

Thank you!

6. Th0m

Are you using ISPConfig?

7. bschultz

bschultz Member

8. Th0m

Remove this from your main.cf and add the RBL under System -> Server-config -> hostname of your server -> Mail -> Real-time Blackhole List

9. bschultz

bschultz Member

But I don't want to reject the email, I would like it delivered to the user's Junk folder

10. Th0m

You have to configure it like I explained above ^ that's the way I have it and it goes to the spam folder. Also, I asked you how you set up the spam policy. Please share this so I can look into it.

11. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When adding an RBL under system > server config > mail, then the emails will get rejected by postfix on an amavis system, but you can probably leave out to set the RBL there and configure it manually in amavis. Rspamd based systems work differently as the RBL is handled in Rspamd and not set in postfix, so on an ISPConfig Rspamd system, the RBL that you set in ISPConfig will get added in Rspamd and gets used for scoring. Is it possible that you two use different setups?

12. Th0m

I'm using Postfix + Amavis. Spam headers of one of the emails that is in my spambox:
    Code:
    X-Spam-Flag: YES
    X-Spam-Score: 11.169
    X-Spam-Level: ***********
    X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=11.169 tagged_above=2.8 required=2.8
       tests=[DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1, HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST=0.001,
       HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, MAILING_LIST_MULTI=-1,
       RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100=2.43, RAZOR2_CHECK=1.729,
       RCVD_IN_DNSWL_BLOCKED=0.001, RCVD_IN_SBL_CSS=3.558,
       SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001, URIBL_ABUSE_SURBL=1.948,
       URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001, URIBL_DBL_SPAM=2.5]
       autolearn=no autolearn_force=no

13. till

Amavis uses also internal RBL, but these are not the ones from System > server config.

14. Th0m

Are there any that amavis uses by default? Because I only set the RBLs under System > Server Config

15. till

Yes, at least I think so. What I know for sure is that the RBL under System > server config on amavis systems are hard blocking emails in postfix, you can find them in main.cf file, they do not get added in amavis config.

Th0m likes this.
  16. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Spamassassin (loaded by amavis) checks numerous rbls, which is what your headers show. If you want the mail in Junk folder, that's the way to do it, not setting the rbls in server config, which is a hard reject.

While on the subject, look at using weighted rbls via postscreen, it's a much better setup (though scores adding up to the reject threshold won't make it to Junk either, so might not suite what you want to accomplish).

Th0m likes this.
  17. bschultz

bschultz Member

I've seen too many legitimate emails get discarded when I had the RBL's in Postfix. I would like them to be delivered to Junk, as most people are accustomed to looking there if something didn't reach the Inbox.