Postfix whitelist how to add gmail to whitelist

Discussion in 'General' started by Eokna, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Eokna

Eokna New Member

Hi

Is it possible to add addres range eg gmail servers ip range to postfix whitelist ? how to add them because they are still on black lists.

:):confused:

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That is probably not feasible with ISPConfig's interface to postfix whitelists. Can you send some more specific info? I've run mail servers for a lot of years and I don't remember ever having an issue with gmail servers being blacklisted, so it just seems strange (possibly misdiagnosed) to me.

To the blacklist issue overall, you can improve your blacklist use tremendously if you don't use ISPConfig's current Realtime blackhole list at all, but switch your server to using postscreen weighted blacklists. There are many black and white lists you can use combined to address the frequent false positives found on lesser quality (but still somewhat useful) lists. Setup postwhite along with it to bypass postscreen entirely for some trusted senders (gmail included) by their SPF record.

3. Eokna

Eokna New Member

Thx for reply.

I was add "dnsrbl.org" to Real-time Blackhole List addres "dnsrbl.org"
    dnsrbl.org reports many google servers that are spam blacklisted. those google servers that are on black lists are blocked and messages from them do not reach my server. I do not want to disable dnsrbl.org. that's why i wants to add gmail servers to the white list postfix.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  4. Eokna

Eokna New Member

I verified if these gmail servers are blacklisted, this is confirmed true

5. Eokna

Eokna New Member

in Ispconfig 3.1:
    System > Server config > mail > Real-time Blackhole List

was "zen.spamhaus.org" but I added "dnsrbl.org"

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The postscreen setup I described should solve that nicely. You might even be able to use just postwhite via an access map before the rbl's for this case specifically, but it is worthwhile to just setup postscreen in full.