Postfix whitelist???

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, May 11, 2022.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

I've got a customer getting emails from the uspto.gov site - and we are rejecting them because Helo is not followed by hostname!
    --snip--
    May 11 11:15:47 ns10 postfix/smtpd[3716044]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from w-e2k16edg-401.uspto.gov[151.207.240.127]: 450 4.7.1 <hybrid.uspto.gov>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<hybrid.uspto.gov>
    --snip--

I've added the ip address and *.uspto.gov to the postfix whitelist records, (as SENDER) but they still are not getting through!
    anything I'm missing??
    main.cf contains:
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unlisted_recipient, check_recipient_access proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-verify_recipients.cf, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unauth_destination, check_recipient_access proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_recipient.cf, check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_policy_greylist.cf, check_policy_service unix:private/quota-status

where does the postfix whitelist put its information? have I missed something in the recipient restrictions?

thanks!
    ps. Not at ALL a threatening title!

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Sender (email) address restrictions do not apply to the helo hostname; you can add a hostname regex to /etc/postfix/helo_access if you want to whitelist it (be sure to save your changes to a conf-custom template), or change your 'Reject unknown hostnames' setting in server config.

3. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

not even whitelisting them? you would think whitelisting the ip to postfix should bypass such!

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

That probably makes sense for a client ip, feel free to create a feature request in the bug tracker for that.