Postfix with virtual users in MYSQL?

Discussion in 'General' started by sansancasd, Aug 28, 2007.

1. sansancasd

sansancasd New Member

Is there a way to use virtual users in MYSQL instead of hash files?

2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

mySQL has its own userdatabase so what do you mean by the use of virtual users?
    Or do you mean to have the virtual users used by postfix stored in a mySQL-DB instead of postfix hashfiles?

3. sansancasd

sansancasd New Member

Yes, exactly this.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use virtual users with ISPConfig 3, but not with ISPConfig 2.

5. sansancasd

sansancasd New Member

Nice! Just tried version 3 in centos5, and altough it only supports debian4, i managed to run it more or less ok. It looks promising! At least on the email server part. I got a few questions tough:

- Will it support centos5? If yes, when?

- Will the email user got access to ispconfig to configure her/his spam/autoreply, etc settings?

- Can the admin configure the spamfilter settings, like normal, trigger happy, permissive, etc?

- Why pure-ftp?... Why not vsftpd? isn't vsftpd the most secure ftp daemon?

Anyway, on the email server management, i'll use version3 when it's ready fore centos5. I've been using Postfixadmin, but that thing isn't updated for some time now. Now if roudcube had the ability to mark msgs as SPAM/NOT SPAM and teach the amavis DB about that, it would be great :)

Nice work! And thanks for your answers.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When the installer is finished, we will start porting it to other linux distributions.

Yes. But it might be not included in the first release.

yes.

pureftpd is a very secure ftp daemon too and vsftpd does not offer all functions that we wanted to implement. We might support vsftpd later too, but it will not be able offer all functions that the current implementation with pureftpd has.