Postmaster Email Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by Alam, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Alam

Alam New Member

Hello People

I have a minor problem with my emails in ISPConfig something I cant get my head around, I have 2 domains in ISPConfig, Domain1 has [email protected] address and abuse alias works fine even passes the DNS Test,

It is the Domain2 where I am having problems configured exactly same as domain1, I have a [email protected] and alias abuse configured now I can send and recv email no problem but when i do DNS test on the domain it tells me domain2.tld cannot recv email for postmaster and abuse.

Any help with on this will be really appreciated.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is the email address [email protected] listed in /etc/postfix/virtusertable? Are you really sure that the MX record for domain2.com points to this server?

3. Alam

Alam New Member

Hi Till

thank you very much for your reply I am 100% sure the email address for [email protected] is listed in /etc/postfix/virtusertable & I am 100% sure it is pointing to the right mail server.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please run
    Code:
    dig mx domain2.tld
    and make sure that it points to the right server.

5. Alam

Alam New Member

6. Alam

Alam New Member

Posmaster email problem

I have resolved the problem ..... Thanks to Till & falko who invested their time in reading my query.

7. sygram

sygram Member

why not share the solution ? ;)

We might need it someday as well :)

Thanks

Regards,

Leon

8. Alam

Alam New Member

Hi Leon
    Thanks for taking interest.

I am more than happy to do that, it was nothing to do with ISPConfig or any other configuration related to postfix, the culprit was ASSP it was blocking (postmaster & abuse)emails to that particular domain, Hence in ASSP you need to list the domain in the local doamins file & you have to do that everytime you add a new domain to CP.

Hope that helps :)

9. sygram

sygram Member

Hi Alam,

i appreciate your answer.

Although i do not get all bits, i am sure that i will find it useful in the future :)

Regards,

Leon