PowerDNS + PowerAdmin + SQLite Backend Integration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Eranga, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Eranga

Eranga New Member

I Have 2 Linux RHEL8.9 servers. One server for PowerDNS + SQLite and another server for poweradmin. I was able to integrate PowerDNS with sqlite DB without any issue. I'm stuck middle of poweradmin installation with integrate with sqlitedb.

In the installation prompt, I couldn't find a place to point poweradmin to refer sqlite db in powerdns server. SS attached below. Does anyone have an idea how to overcome this?

upload_2024-2-29_13-30-46.png

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

if you use SQLite as a Database and the Database is on another server there is no other way to access it beside a shared filesystem or network filesystem. However you could use this PowerDNS Admin Panel https://github.com/PowerDNS-Admin/PowerDNS-Admin which should work in your setup, as it uses the PowerDNS API to connect.

Eranga likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I recommend you use MySQL as database for PowerDNS if the system is spread to multiple servers. SQLite is not a good option for your setup as it is just a local database that can not be accessed over the network like MySQL. Instead of MySQL or MariaDB, you can use PostgreSQL too, but PostgreSQL is not as easy to set up, so better stick with MySQL/MariaDB then.

ahrasis likes this.