PrestaShop -- gd2.dll

Discussion in 'General' started by PermaNoob, Nov 27, 2008.

1. PermaNoob

PermaNoob Member

I followed the PrestaShop installation instructions to uncomment the gd2 extension line in the php.ini file

;extension=php_fdf.dll
    ;extension=php_filepro.dll
    extension=php_gd2.dll
    ;extension=php_gettext.dll
    ;extension=php_hyperwave.dll

but php says the php_gd2.dll doesn't exist.

Anyone know where and how I should install it?

I have ISPConfig on a Debian Etch server.

2. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Did you do the change in the non-ISPConfig's php.ini and restart the non-ISPConfig apache afterwards (unless you use php as CGI)?

What does a script containing the following show, for the location of the php.ini, just to check that you did the changes in the right file (e.g. debian's php comes with different php.ini files for cli and apache).

PHP:
    <?php

phpinfo
    ();

?>

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You are on a linux system? If yes, all loadable php modules have the file ending .so and never .dll. Instead of editing the php.ini file, you should just install the php5-gd pckage from debian.

4. PermaNoob

PermaNoob Member

OK, I guess it's already installed--says php5-gd is already the newest version--I'll try installing PrestaShop

One problem--I just screwed up and I meant to delete the php.ini to revert to the saved one and I deleted the other file at ispconfig/php/ -- I think it was just called php.

Is this a critical file? If so, how would I restore it?

5. till

Never edit or delete files in this directory! You deleted the ispconfig php, ispconfig is not able to write any configuration changes without it. To restore it, download the latest ispconfig version again and run the setup script again.

6. PermaNoob

PermaNoob Member

Does that mean I lose all my sites and settings?

Is there any way to recover?

I have the backups run from within ISPConfig? Can it be restored from there?

7. till

You dont loose any site or settings as long as you did not delete the complete /root/ispconfig directory.

8. PermaNoob

PermaNoob Member

Whew, heart attack avoided.

I ran the latest update, smooth, all ok. Server is also responding much faster.

Now I'll install PrestaShop.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008