Prestashop migration problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lukafred, Jun 28, 2024.

1. lukafred

lukafred New Member

Hello, i have a shop and i move it from cpanel to ISPConfig and now i got only 500 Internal Server Error and NO backofice.

After i spend 2 days finding a solution this is what i got:

1. i install a fresh prestahop on my new vps with ISPConfig and everything works fine

2. i move it all my files from shop to new server, i use phpmyadmin to upload my database and ... 500 error

3. i check and make a move to another vps with cpanel and move my files and upload my database and everything is OK

4. i put my files on my ISPConfig vps with database from the fresh install and i have a screen ... i see front page and backoffice

You see my problem? Please help a newbie. I need to make my shop database working on my new vps with ispconfig. Thanks.

on error log i got this

[fcgid:warn] [pid 6579] (104)Connection reset by peer: [] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
    [core:error] [pid 6579] [] End of script output before headers: index.php

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please do not Hijack other threads. I moved your issue to a new thread now.

You must look at the error.log of the website to see the reason for the issue. Also, take care to disable custom error pages in the website settings, as it might be that this is just a virtual 500 error thrown by PrestaShop.

Reasons why the site might fail on one server and not another can be manifold, starting from wrong file permissions or ownership of the files you uploaded to missing PHP modules for a function that this specific site needs to other general settings in the site like wrong config paths in a config file from Prestashop to a stale PrestaShop cache or similar issues in the shop.

ahrasis likes this.