pri.mydomain.ltd and pri.mydomain.ltd.signed

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by youkizedog, May 18, 2023.

1. youkizedog

youkizedog New Member

Hello, my "named.conf.local" refers to "pri.my.site.ltd.signed" instead of "pri.mysite.ltd" to point the dns, following changes in order to be accepted by gmail I had to reconfigure the dns zone of one of my sites, but suddenly I no longer have a ".signed" created, I have the impression that you only get it with ispconfig at the beginning by creating the website... my question: how to recreate this "pri.mysite.l
    td.signed" with isp? Thank you !

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This means you are DNSSEC zone signing.

Did you do these changes trough ISPConfig.

That's not the case. If a zone is signed, then it gets re-signed unless you disable zone signing.

Use debug mode if you want to see in detail what happens when you alter the DNS zone configuration in ISPConfig:

https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/

3. youkizedog

youkizedog New Member

Hello, thank you for your response...
    I tried to make a new zone dns for my site with isp interface, but that's destroyed my oldest files "pri.mysite.ltd" and "pri.mysite.ltd.signed" an when i recreate i obtain only "pri.mysite.ltd" an no more "pri.mysite.ltd.signed"
    yet I checked "Sign zone (DNSSEC)"

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you edit the files manually? This must fail, as you can not manually edit config files created and managed by ISPConfig. ISPConfig must overwrite files in such a case, so the files did not get destroyed, there were simply overwritten by the program which is used to manage the files. Only use ISPConfig UI to manage the DNS zone you created in ISPConfig. Never alter the zone file manually.

See text in my post above:

Last edited: May 18, 2023