Primary DNS fail

Discussion in 'General' started by harshu294, Dec 21, 2016.

1. harshu294

harshu294 Member

If my primary ISP config DNS stop working due to some hardware issue.
    will my secondary ISP config DNS server can work independently?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes

3. harshu294

harshu294 Member

Thanks for the replay. I tested it and working fine.But if i do any changes in secondary will it be reflected to primary. Once the primary is up?
    For example, i have added one A record in secondary name server by directly editing the zone file through Vi editor. when i start primary server will i need to add that record on Primary or will it be sync automatically?
    Kindly note secondary is resolving that record perfectly.

4. till

You will have to redo the change on the primary when it is up again.

5. harshu294

harshu294 Member

Hi till thanks for the reply.
    I am now facing issue in syncing between primary and secondary.Actually i imported large number of DNS zone files through web portal of ISPconfig3 one by one.
    But most of the zone file are not present in secondary ,while same are there in Primary DNS.
    So how i can i can i sync all these zone file with secondary?
    I tried rsysnc which in web portal.But it didn't worked.
    How can i sync it manually.as automatic is not working.Because i also restarted all the services on both the server.
    Please note we are Service Provider and we are going to migrate our DNS server to IPSConfig.
    Hence syncing issue is not bearable once the server goes live.

6. harshu294

harshu294 Member

Below is the output of /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh on secondary server

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/apc.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    23.12.2016-06:10 - WARNING - There is already an instance of server.php running with pid 3059.
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/apc.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  7. till

Fix your php configuration by either removing apc.so from it or by installing apc so that the file is not missing anymore.

harshu294 likes this.
  8. harshu294

harshu294 Member

Till thanks for update.
    I am facing issue in sync hence i posted output of /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    Please read my earlier post
    Whenever i change any DNS record on my master DNS it is not getting sync with secondary DNS.
    Secondary is showing old record only.
    Also some zone files are missing in Secondary while the same are present in my master DNS.
    How to do manual sync?
    why this is happening?

9. till

This is caused by a failed PHP process due to your broken php config. If you want to be able to use ispconfig again, fix it. After you fixed that, you can delete the lock file that is mentioned in the debug output.

10. harshu294

harshu294 Member

I corrected the PHP configuration and deleted the lock file.
    But still my secondary is not not in sync with my primary server.I am using ISPCONFIG 3.
    I changed one 'A' record in primary but it is not getting updated in my secondary server.
    Kindly note i am using mirror option.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016