prob with webmail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by aryans, Mar 16, 2006.

1. aryans

aryans New Member

hi
    i hav installed ispconfig2.0 on FC4 installation seems to hav gone well but the prob here is
    when i create a site with name www.test.com where in it has users.
    so when i type in www.test.com it works fine. Squirell mail is also installed used as webmail
    i want to use say webmail.test.com for for the users to logon to that for mailing purpose
    which i am not able to do so pls help me out on this

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can create a new web site webmail.test.com in ISPConfig, and then you install Squirrelmail in that web site.

Or you create webmail.test.com as Co-Domain of www.test.com and then forward it to the Squirrelmail directory.

3. aryans

aryans New Member

prob ieth webmail

hi falko

thanks for the reply

if i have 3 or more domains and want to use webmail for that should i install squirell for all the domains or is there any possiblities of installing squirell mail once and using it for alll the domains i hav created

regards

aryan

4. falko

You can use it for all domains, no matter in what web site you install it.

5. aryans

aryans New Member

webmail

hi

can i have separate entries for a domain which refer to different dowcument root
    like say [email protected] should refer to the ispconfig , wemail.test.com for mailing and www.test.com for the website of test similarly to other domain as well
    so should i need to edit the template or is it possible in the ispconfig itself

regards

aryans

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

7. aryans

aryans New Member

webmail

hi

can i have separate entries for a domain which refer to different dowcument root like say admin.test.com should refer to the ispconfig , wemail.test.com for mailing and www.test.com for the website of test similarly to other domain as well so should i need to edit the template or is it possible in the ispconfig itself
    i want admin.test.com to refer to a separate documentroot and similarly to webmail...
    so sholud i need to create separate sites for all this or can that be managed in only onw site

sorry for the mistake in the earlier post

regards

aryans

8. falko

You must create a web site for each subdomain if you want to use different document roots.
    But you can't create a web site for ISPconfig because ISPConfig runs on port 81 and uses its own Apache.

9. aryans

aryans New Member

webmail

hi

thanks for the reply i'll check that out

regards

aryans