Problem adding 2. secondary bind server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by muekno, Nov 22, 2015.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

What I did
    I installed bind to an existing ISConfig Server serving as DB Server without problems
    I activated and started bind, runs without errors
    I added DNS under System Service to that server
    I added new DNS servers IP Address to allow transfer on master, cat see it in /etc/named.conf.include
    I added secondary record for some zone to new DNS server and IP of primary DNS server
    I checked Monitor Jobque seeing job update for some seconds as expected, no errors at all

New DNS Server does not get the records, /etc/named.conf.include stays empty. 1. secondary DNS works fine

No more ideas where to look for. DidI forget anything? Logfiles are looking good

Thanks for help

Rainer

P.S. Server openSUSE 13.1 with latest patches, running ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ensure that the dns module is active in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mods-enabled. same applies to the bind plugin in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled.

3. muekno

Non of them, dns ist in the available directories but not in the available directories. Should I manualy add the symlinks or what shoud I do?

Thanks

Rainer

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to add the symlinks manually. These symlinks get configured when you install ispconfig, they don't get altered on updates so when you add a service at a later time, then the necessary module and plugin has to be activated manually.

5. muekno

Thank you for clearing, would be an enhancement to ISPConfig to get it altert when changed later.

Rainer