Problem adding a user account

Discussion in 'General' started by bobsta63, Nov 29, 2006.

1. bobsta63

bobsta63 New Member

Hi all,

I am having trouble adding a User/Email account to my ISPConfig installation, I have added the client etc fine. However when I try to add a user (so they get email etc) It says the following:-

Username must be between 4 and 32 characters etc.

The username is DEFINETLY more than four characters and begins with a character, please can someone help me?

I am using ISPConfig version 2.2.3

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Whats does the username look like?

3. bobsta63

bobsta63 New Member

It looks like this basically:-

[​IMG]

I think the error message is refering to the Username field.

I have however tried making the username and email lenghts longer/shorter etc. but still comes up with the same error saying that the username must be between 4 - 30 characters.

4. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I think the problem is in the "username:" and the dot in testispconfig.com_bobbyallen
    To make sure, wait for one of the developers of ISPconfig to help you.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check that you dont have a blank after the username. As far as I remember, the regex allows dots in usernames here.

6. bobsta63

bobsta63 New Member

Thanks for your replies, Please note that the above screenshot is not actually taken from my installation (I took the screenshot from the ISPConfig demo site on ISPConfig.org) as I have just sent my server away to be colocated and wont be able to get into it untill the weekend (as it is being installed). Where is says:- testispconfig.com_ mine actually says BNA_ as I changed it.

Could it be that the first bit of the username BNA_ is causing the problem?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, this explains the problem. The username must be lowercase, please change the username prefix BNA_ to bna_

8. bobsta63

bobsta63 New Member

Brilliant - Thank you soooo much buddy :D