Problem creating databases in ispconfig as normal user

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by patopattone, Jun 26, 2019.

1. patopattone

patopattone New Member

Hi howtoforge guys!!! First of all english is no my language so... sorry if I have errors in my text.
    I have a server runing debian jessie 8.11 and ISPConfig 3.1.12 with a few domains. (Apache2, BIND, Dovecot, postfix, etc) My server is running Roundcube Webmail 1.1.5. This server was originally setup with debian 6 (https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-squeeze-with-bind-and-dovecot-ispconfig-3) an was updated from time to time.
    My problem is that I can't create a databse if I login to ISPConfig as normal user but I can create if I login as admin. As normal user I can create the user database but not the database.
    The mysql root password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf is OK
    I was looking through the forum but I can't find anything that helps me. Any ideas??
    Thanks in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Never heard of this problem yet, it is strange especially as the code which creates the database for the client and admin is the same. is the database shown in ispconfig in the database list and just not created in mysql, or is it not even shown in ispconfig?

3. patopattone

patopattone New Member

Hi Till!!! Thanks for your response. It is not even shown in ispconfig. I think the problem begans with one of the updates because this wasan't happens when the system was just installed. When you press the save button in the new database form ISPConfig shows a red square with a number 1 on it.
    ispconfig-error.png

4. adamjedgar

adamjedgar Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  5. till

No.

6. patopattone

patopattone New Member

Hi howtoforge guys!!! I keep having the same problem. Is there a log to look for the reasons of this behavior? Thanks in advance

7. till

8. patopattone

patopattone New Member

Thanks Till!! I will do it

9. patopattone

patopattone New Member

The only things logged every time I run the script are:
    Same things in web interface (Monitor > System State (All Servers) > Show System-Log)

10. till

You have to diable the cronjob as mentioned in the guide, then add a database and finally run the script, to debug your problem.

11. patopattone

patopattone New Member

Yes Till, I have done exactly that 3 things