Problem displaying pages in Firefox

Discussion in 'General' started by DrJohn, Oct 6, 2009.

  1. DrJohn

    DrJohn Member

    Running ISPConfig 2.2.23 on Ubuntu 8.04 Server, without a hitch except for this. I can successfully log into ISPConfig as admin on the local LAN at port 81. IE8 runs fine, but in Firefox 3.5.3 the index.php page does not display correctly and produces a Java error:
    Error: linkFarbe is not defined
    Source File: https://k8nlr6:81/isp_manager/inhalt_tree.php?
    Line: 34
    Line: 34
    and a number of warnings such as
    Warning: Unknown property 'scrollbar-arrow-color'.  Declaration dropped.
    Source File: https://k8nlr6:81/isp_manager/inhalt_tree.php?
    Line: 12
    Warning: Error in parsing value for 'border'.  Declaration dropped.
    Source File: https://k8nlr6:81/design/default/style.css
    Line: 57
    No such problems in IE. I disabled all Firefox extensions and restarted, still the same problem. Trying to figure out the code commented in German is not easy. Anyone having a similar problem?
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Looks as if you turned on debugging in your firefox browser.
  3. DrJohn

    DrJohn Member

    I don't think that's the problem (and how do you turn on / off debug in FireFox? IE has explict controls for this, but I can't find them in FF other than the "error console" which is quoted above). Anyway, I tried to load this page in FireFox 3.0.14 under Ubuntu 9.04 on a different machine with exactly the same result.

    More details: the page tries to load and hangs up partially loaded with "Waiting for <server>..." displayed at the bottom. The left-hand portion (frame?) of the page, with the tree controls, is blank. If I click on refresh, the tree displays until I mouse over it, then it disappears. Another refresh and a copy of the tree control is written to the screen but does not react to events. Sometimes two trees appear one below the other, and in this case the lower one works. It's quite messed up.

    Also I should mention that I have only a self-signed cert on the (internal only, not available from the WAN) ISPConfig site so I've added an exception for it.

    I'm not sure when this behavior surfaced, but I'll upgrade to 2.2.33 and see if that fixes it.
  4. DrJohn

    DrJohn Member

    I'm happy to report that the upgrade solved this problem! Thanks very much, Till & Falko for your amazing work! :D

Share This Page