Problem getting from localhost on virtual host

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by OnTheRun, Jan 5, 2006.

1. OnTheRun

OnTheRun New Member

Hello all,
    I have the following problem:

I'm using a php-script, which uses the fsockopen-function. The scrip gets executed from the server (i.e. domain.ch) itself on itself:

PHP:
    fsockopen ("www.domain.ch"80$errno$errstr30);
    First he didn't knew his own domains, so I had the idea, that it sure wouldn't be bad to add the domainnames to /etc/hosts.
    The server now knows the domains, but doesn't forward them correctly to the
    corresponding vhost.

The vhost is i.e.:

Code:
    <VirtualHost 10.0.0.17:80>
    ServerName www.domain.ch:80
    ServerAdmin [email protected]
    DocumentRoot /var/www/webX/web
    ServerAlias www.domain.ch domain.ch ftp.domain.ch subdomain.domain.ch subdomain2.domain.ch subdomain3.domain.ch
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.php5 index.php4 index.php3 index.shtml index.cgi index.pl index.jsp Default.htm default.htm
    ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/ /var/www/webX/cgi-bin/
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    AddHandler cgi-script .pl
    ErrorLog /var/www/webX/log/error.log

He forwards not to /var/www/webX/web as it's defined in the vhosts-file, but he forwards to /var/www/apache2-default (I tried this by using links2 www.domain.ch on the server itself).

The system is Debian 3.1 with apache 2 and ISPConfig.

I checked the logs. In error.log is nothing, in access.log the following:

Code:
    127.0.0.1 - - [05/Jan/2006:09:06:52 +0100] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 390 "-" "Links (2.1pre16; Linux 2.4.32 i686; 80x24)"
    127.0.0.1 - - [05/Jan/2006:09:06:52 +0100] "GET /apache2-default/ HTTP/1.1" 200 1457 "-" "Links (2.1pre16; Linux 2.4.32 i686; 80x24)"
    Has anybody a clue how I can tell the server to use the vhosts-file when a request comes from 127.0.0.1/localhost?

Thanks and with kind regards

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please check if www.domain.ch is used somewhere else in your main Apache configuration file. Also make sure the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf is included in your main Apache configuration.

3. OnTheRun

OnTheRun New Member

Hello,
    thank you for your answer.
    The domain.ch isn't anywhere in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf. Vhots_ispconfig.conf gets included in the last line of apache2.conf:

Code:
    Include /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
    Could it be, that the function fsockopen doesn't send any headers? And links2 from console neither? Because from outside it works like a charm to reach the domain domain.ch. Just from the server itself I get forwarded to apache2-default. But exactly that's the problem, because I need to call the function fsockopen from the server itself.

Thanks and with kind regards.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006