Problem on per-domain whitelist/blacklist setup

Discussion in 'General' started by themark, Dec 10, 2014.

1. themark

themark Member

Dear,

on the latest version of the panel we saw a problem with adding a per-domain whitelist/blacklist.

If we login as admin we can put on email-user "@domain" in order to set that blacklist/whitelist for the entire domain, but if we login as customer we don't see this options, and the customer can set the whitelist/blacklist only on a specific email user.

What could be the problema?
    Thank's

2. themark

themark Member

Dear,

i need suppose that this question was not clear enough?

Thank you.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Blocking per domain would enable the user to e.g. block all traffic from e.g. @gmail.com or @hotmail.com from or to your server for all other customers. This should not be allowed to a user as it will affect all other clients and therefor this option is only available to the admin.

4. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

till: I'm not sure what he means and in my opinion you missunderstood.

the way I perceive mrmark's question is that a customer of his has for example the domain "customer.tld".

Now that customer notices that he gets lots of spam from "spammer.tld".

So the customer wants to login to ISPC and blacklist "spammer.tld" for his own domain(s). Hence, "spammer.tld" should only be blocked when they try to email to "customer.tld".

I think that what he means by "per domain blocking".

5. themark

themark Member

Thank's for your reply and thank you sjau for you clarification.
    In reality what i mean it's pretty simple.

Basically if i have a customer with the domain "customerdomain.com", how can insert a domain (or user in whitelist/blacklist) for the entire domain @customerdomain.com instead do it only for the user of that domain?

The answer is setup a new whitelist/blacklist on the spam setting of the ISPCONFIG.
    If I am an administrator i CAN select @customerdomain.com instead, BUT if I am a simple customer, I can only select the single user on the domain @customerdomain.com, and setup their blacklist/whitelist, and i CANONT select the entire domain.
    It's there a way to do that also as simple user?

Thank you.

6. till

Ok, I indeed misinterpreted the question. Thank you for pointing that ut.

At the moment, only the admin can white / blacklist entire domains. I've added a feature request for enabling this function for the client as well.

7. themark

themark Member

Ok, as always, thank you.

8. sjau

I'm not even sure how you could enable that. To my knowledge, Postfix only has system-wide white/blacklists and not per domain or single user.

A single user could use own filtering rules provided by Sieve but I don't see how that could be employed for a full domain.

9. till

It should be possible to use the white/blacklists from amavis for that.

10. sjau

you're the pro :) GL&HF