Problem receiving mails

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by muekno, Jul 9, 2018.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Configuration Multiserver system with separate mail server
    mails to my domain are forwarded to another mailserver
    runs fine sind some years
    system debian jessie
    did another regulary update of jessie jesterday and did ispconfig update from version 3.1.11 to 3.1.12 s recommended and as I did some times before
    since the some mails are marked ***UNCHECKED*** some others not, also mails are extremely delayed up to hours, mail.log shows errors like
    (!)ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: run_av error: Too many retries to talk to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl (All attempts (1) failed connecting to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl) at (eval 102)
    (!)connect to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl failed, attempt #1: Can't connect to a UNIX socket /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl: No such file or directory

Did a Server restart, no success, every configuration was made by ispconfig, did not change any config file manualy

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is clamave-daemon running? Check with
    Code:
    systemctl status clamav-daemon
    If it is not running, try starting manually with
    Code:
    systemctl start clamav-daemon
    and observe error messages. Then fix the stuff that prevents it from starting.
    If that does not help, look at /var/log/syslog and other log files for clues about clamav.

Xzave likes this.
  3. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

There were some invalid lines in clamd.conf begining line 76 concerning statistics. Maybe they came with the update yesterday, but i am quit shure I checked leave the old conf.
    Thanks for help