problem redirection

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Jun 29, 2015.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

hello

I am trusty Ubuntu and Nginx as the web server.

At that moment, I never had any worries site hosting.

When you create a redirect of a hostname to IP, such as:

We create accommodation normally in ISPConfig adding IP, you check the www, php-fpm is added, etc ...

The anomaly happens, I done so, IP redirection, hosting creation, and this not fall on accommodation create logic?

What I want to emphasize in the preceding sentence, all I have done in the order of things, but when I type the site name in my URL bar, it does not fall on the site page, but on a another site / hosting.

Thank you for your help friends because I do not understand what is not working ...

Mz ;)

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

First of all, check if the domain really resolves to the correct IP.
    Secondly, check the output of apache2ctl -S on the web server and look for the domain.
    Make sure that you did not create any site with a fixed IP inside of ispconfig if you use * ip for another domain as this one will never be shown then.
    Website entries with fixed IP set will always have precedence above those with wildcard ip.

3. misterm

Thank you for the message, I use Nginx and Apache not

4. Croydon

Doesn't really matter, you just have to check the vhosts by hand instead of using the apachectl command.

5. misterm

Hello and thank you for your messages and your help.
    I try to understand the logic of your sentence.
    But I return to this in every way and I have not found.
    Especially, the DNS change (includes NS 1 and 2) it works.
    When I ip redirects it not work

I do not understand anything that starts tired and above all that, my registar gives me things that we have nothing ...

thank you

Mz

6. Croydon

I really don't get what you are talking about. Maybe someone else does.

7. misterm

Here's a question for you to understand what I mean:

From a registar, how do you create a redirect an IP to a site / hosting:

Yours
    thank you

8. Croydon

The question does not make any sense imho.
    That assigns www.xxxxxxx.yy (host www of the domain you created that entry in) the ip 192.168.0.100.
    In addition the domain itself (host @ or empty host depending on the registrar) has to be assigned the ip.

misterm likes this.
  9. misterm

Good Message ;)

10. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm sure most registrars have the ability to do a redirect to a URL. We use Enom and if we designate Enom as the DNS servers for a domain then we can use a URL redirect as an option. This only works if you use the registrars DNS servers. This is not actually done at the DNS servers but at the registrar itself.

11. misterm

Yes, thank you, I have not understood the sentence ...
    Knowing that everyone in general on the forum uses Apache as web server, others who use nginx, we had this problem I have?

Best Regards
    Mz

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can do the same redirects with nginx that you can do in apache, see redierct tab of the website in ISPCOnfig. ISPConfig writes the correct syntax depending on your websever autimatically when you use a redirect, you just have to enter the URL. Regarding DNS, the webserver you use does not matter for the DNS record at all.

13. misterm

Ok Till, and thank you for this message is that there is an importance that the package nginx or recompile a package or a package that is rebuilt for the installation (original package)?

thank you
    Mz

14. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All nginx packages of the supported linux distributions have rewriting enabled.

15. misterm

Till thank you, we can close the subject
    Mz