Problem sending mails

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Spaetzle, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    I set up ISPConfig 3.1 system in a multi server environment (ISPConfig Panel, Web, email, db, ns).
    The problem I am facing at the moment is, that i am able to receive mails on a test domain but I am not able to send mails.
    All servers are running Ubuntu 16.04 and ISPConfig 3.1b.
    I Installed roundcube on the Webserver. I can login to roundcube with a given testaccount and read the mails received on the mailserver without a problem.
    When trying to send a mail I get the following error from roundcube:
    Code:
    SMTP Error (454): Failed to add recipient "[email protected]" (4.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied).
    /var/log/mail.log on the mailserver shows the following:
    Code:
    Jul  3 16:54:33 mailserver postfix/smtpd[20197]: connect from FQDN_of_Webserver[IP_address_of_web_server]
    Jul  3 16:54:33 mailserver postfix/smtpd[20197]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from FQDN_of_Webserver[IP_address_of_web_server]: <[email protected]>: Sender address triggers FILTER amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<FQDN_testdomain_including_www>
    Jul  3 16:54:33 mailserver postfix/smtpd[20197]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from FQDN_of_Webserver[IP_address_of_web_server]: <[email protected]>: Sender address triggers FILTER amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<FQDN_testdomain_including_www>
    Jul  3 16:54:33 mailserver postfix/smtpd[20197]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from FQDN_of_Webserver[IP_address_of_web_server]: 454 4.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<FQDN_testdomain_including_www>
    Jul  3 16:54:33 mailserver postfix/smtpd[20197]: disconnect from FQDN_of_Webserver[IP_address_of_web_server] ehlo=1 mail=1 rcpt=0/1 rset=1 quit=1 commands=4/5

I made all ips and URLs anonymous.
    If i look at the output of postconf -n I see that there is no hint for the domain name of the test domain in mydestinations. I think that this is the problem, but I have no glue how to add it. Any hints?

Edit: I just looked into the local mariaDb table on the mailserver. It seems that there is no row in the table domain. If i correctly understood the contents of /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf there should be an entry for the testdomain.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you add the IP address of the webserver to the mynetworks line in postfix main.cf on the master server and did you restart postfix afterwards?

No, that's not the problem. The domain may not be listed in mydestination.

That's ok as well, the domain table is not related to email, that is a table of the ispconfig domain limit function. The table for the email system is named mail_domain and this table has to contain the email domain.

3. Spaetzle

Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Great!
    More Kudos for you. That solved the problem.