Problem using domainname_username logins.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by phamels, Jul 2, 2007.

1. phamels

phamels Member

Hi,

I've switched over to the "[DOMAIN]_" login style.
    This seems to work much better and more comfortable then the "WEBXX_" login style.

Now I ran into a little problem creating a new website that starts out with a number, for instance: 1domain.tld

As you can guess, trying to create a user for this domain results in the following error:
    Now, I know I can change the regex in:
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/plugins/isp_username.plugin.php
    So that it doesn't mather that the domain starts with a number... But, since I only have a few live systems running and no dev system, I was wondering if this would break the system in any way... Since I'm not that keen on trying this on a live system, I was wondering if anyone could help me out here by sharing there expiriences with this or trying it out on a dev system...

Greets,

Pieter

2. kassie

kassie New Member

I have the same problem. I've looked around and the only thing to make domains start with numbers is to change the prefix...

Sorry. Was the answer i got. Unfortunately i don't know enough to edit any files.

If i get more info i'll post and let know.

3. phamels

phamels Member

Hi Kassie,

Thx for the response, I think it is fixable, I'm very sure actually since it's only a regex check that happens on the form...
    The thing is I just don't want to try it on a live server in case it would mess up the server in any way...

Anyone feels like testing ? :cool:

4. kassie

kassie New Member

I'll have server up by this weekend if you want to test...
    PM Me