Problem using formmail.pl

Discussion in 'General' started by Brenton, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Brenton

Brenton New Member

Hi

A client wants to use formmail.pl to handle their contact form. I've installed it in their /cgi-bin/ folder and tested it to send an email to myself and it works. My domain is on the same server as the client's domain and the server is running IPSConfig. When I change the file to send the to a third party who's domain is not hosted on the ISPConfig server I get the following error:
    Code:
    Mar  3 16:21:53 server postfix/smtp[22240]: 2F7008E00F6: to=<[email protected]>, relay=mta-filter-bry-01.gam.co.za[196.35.164.128]:25, delay=0.79, delays=0.04/0.01/0.2/0.54, dsn=4.1.8, status=deferred (host mta-filter-bry-01.gam.co.za[196.35.164.128] said: 450 4.1.8 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command))

<[email protected]> seems to be the problem, but not sure what I need to do to sort this out.

I've see this before even when using php form handling scripts, so it's not just formmail.pl.

Could anybody point me to a solution?

Thank you in advance.
    Brenton

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please create a dns A-Record for server.serverdomain.com which points to the Ip address of your server.

3. Brenton

Brenton New Member

Success at last.

Hi Till

Just done done as you suggested and the emails have left my server, just need to see if the recipient gets it.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Brenton