Problem with creating web folders

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by linus, Apr 13, 2010.

1. linus

linus Member

Suddenly, maybe after adding a ispconfig 3 slave server to the ispconfig 3 main server, the web folders of the new sites that are inserted haven't been created. In the admin panel everything looks to be normal. Except for maybe that there is the bind-configuration available (server config => dns), even tough I only have mydns-ng. I have made sure to yum remove bind (and no was installed). I also made a php upgrade ispconfig. (version 3.0.2.1)

From another post here I found out to debug and this is what I get:
    13.04.2010-14:45 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    13.04.2010-14:45 - DEBUG - Found 237 changes, starting update process.
    13.04.2010-14:45 - DEBUG - Call function 'soa_delete' in plugin 'bind_plugin' raised by event 'dns_soa_delete'.

From yet another post I learned to delete the lock-file and I've done so maybe 30-40 times, but the "Found 237 changes" doesn't seem to change.

13.04.2010-14:49 - DEBUG - There is already a lockfile set. Waiting another 10 seconds...
    13.04.2010-14:49 - DEBUG - There is already a lockfile set. Waiting another 10 seconds...

And so on ...
    [2]+ Stopped tail -f /var/log/ispconfig/ispconfig.log (wd: ~)
    (wd now: /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install)
    [root@wave install]# rm /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    rm: remove regular empty file `/usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock'? y

Thank you for any help on this!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please run:

rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/bind_plugin.inc.php

Then delete the lock file and check if it starts working again.

3. linus

linus Member

That worked!

That did it! Many thanks, you saved my day!