Problem with domain an email

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rutame, Jul 24, 2008.

1. rutame

rutame Member

Hello.

Already the email configuration, web, ftp and all is working fine, but i continued having problems with two domains.

I have grafycomp.es and grafycomp.com, well, when send and email to [email protected] is recived in grafycomp.es!! and dont see nothing bad.

For this reason i cant recive email in grafycomp.com domain until i did create grafycomp.es again.

This is message error: <[email protected]> (expanded from <[email protected]>): mail for
    grafycomp.es loops back to myself

What can be?

Thank you very much.

(sorry for my english)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you used the domain as server hostname as you installed the server. There are 2 solutions:

1) Reconfigure postfix main.cf file to use another domain.

or 2) Add the line:

grafycomp.es

at the end of the file /etc/postfix/local-host-names and restart postfix.

3. rutame

rutame Member

Hellow Till.

My postfix main.cf has as myhostname = ubuntuserver.grafycomp.com , then i should change this for recive emails in the accounts of grafycomp.com domain?

Do you mean that?

Thanks

4. till

No. In this case, use option 2)

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

What is the output of the commands:

hostname
    hostname -f

?

(The output of hostname and hostname -f should be the same).

Within your main.cf change (if needed) myhostname = ubuntuserver.grafycomp.com into the output of the command hostname -f

6. rutame

rutame Member

Hello.

It is the same, ubuntuserver.grafycomp.com

I cant recive email in grafycomp.com domain.

I go to try the Till´s solution in few minutes. Later tell you what happened.

Thanks

7. rutame

rutame Member

Well, thing continued same. Whe i send email to grafycomp.com is recived in grafycomp.es

I think that the server is saving the configuration and when i delete it follow there.

8. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

After changing your main.cf file, did you restart postfix afterwards with the command /etc/init.d/ postfix restart

?

9. rutame

rutame Member

Yes of course ;)

10. rutame

rutame Member

I think that the two domains is the same, because i changed de user password in grafycomp.com and changed too in grafycomp.es

11. rutame

rutame Member

Hellow again Till.

Look this, i had deleted the domains grafycomp.com and grafycomp.es (i empty the trast too) but still working grafycomp.es domain!! It is very weird.

Why happens that?

Thank you

12. till

This means that the domain grafycomp.es points in dns still to your server either because it is listed in /etc/hosts or because the domain points to your local server in the dns server.

so, make sure that the domain is not listsd in /etc/hosts and not in the ispconfig dns-manager and change the IP address to an external server in the authoritive dns server for grafycomp.es.