Problem with email forwarding / email copy

Discussion in 'General' started by masual, Aug 22, 2014.

1. masual

masual New Member

I used the search and found people with my same problem, but I cannot fix it. I'm trying to use the email forwarding option or the sent copy, but neither is working.

The forward account is [email protected] and the email I want to forward the emails to is [email protected], the email is sent from [email protected] to [email protected].

I just added the domain mydomain.com to the Email panel, and then I created the Email Forward account [email protected]. The mail log looks like this:

Code:
    Aug 22 01:36:25 xxxx postfix/qmgr[xxxx]: AF7932E262: from=<[email protected]>, size=2178, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Aug 22 01:36:25 xxxx postfix/smtpd[xxxx]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Aug 22 01:36:25 xxxx amavis[xxxxx]: (31016-10) Passed CLEAN {RelayedInbound}, [xx.xx.xx.xx]:xxxx [xx.xx.xx.xx] <[email protected]> -> <[email protected]>, Queue-ID: 02BDD2E258, Message-ID: <CAEzJPQc_f34_3UBUYE+4x365sdT5nc+3LUy+26Ea+AffdQH+uXw@mail.gmail.com>, mail_id: KlnBcQVDJV5y, Hits: 0.042, size: 1704, queued_as: AF7932E262, 675 ms
    Aug 22 01:36:25 xxxx postfix/smtp[xxxx]: 02BDD2E258: to=<[email protected]>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:xxxx, delay=0.77, delays=0.08/0.01/0/0.67, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 from MTA(smtp:[127.0.0.1]:xxxx): 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as AF7932E262)
    Aug 22 01:36:25 xxxx postfix/qmgr[xxxx]: 02BDD2E258: removed
    Aug 22 01:36:26 xxxx postfix/smtp[xxxx]: AF7932E262: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=xx.xx.com[xx.xx.xx.xx]:25, delay=0.74, delays=0.02/0.01/0.53/0.18, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 62E03140073)
    Aug 22 01:36:26 xxxx postfix/qmgr[6618]: AF7932E262: removed

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The email ahs been forwarded successfully to the destination server. If it did not arive there, then its a problem on the reciever side. maybe you use a dynamic IP for your server so the amil got blocked as spam by the reciever.

3. masual

masual New Member

Thank you till.

Is not arriving, and I tried to send it to diferent mail domains (gmail, hotmail, etc).

But creating an actual mail account is working fine and sending and receiving emails with Squirrelmail with no problem....

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The line above is absolutley clear about the fact that your server has send out the forwarded email. So the issue is not related to the postfix nor ispconfig setup.

Hotmail, gmail etc. have very strict spam filters, they delete emails if the mail is suspect to them.

- check that you use a statisc ip address for your server and dont host it e.g. at home.
    - ensure that your ip has a reverse dns record that matches the server hostname
    - ensure that the server hostname exists in dns.
    - add a spf record for your domain.

5. masual

masual New Member

Thank you very much for your time.

-check that you use a statisc ip address for your server and dont host it e.g. at home.

Its an OVH VPS server.

- ensure that your ip has a reverse dns record that matches the server hostname

That might be the problem, I can't change the reverse to match the hostname, because the hostname is vpsxxxxx.ovh.net an when I try to change the reverse i get an error ("Reverse cannot be in ovh.net domain").

So what now? Is there a way to fix it? I have several domains in the server and would like to be able to use email forwarding in all of them.

By the way, sending and receiving emails with an Email Mailbox is working fine, and forwarding emails to that account is also working. The problem is only forwarding to external domains.

6. masual

masual New Member

Maybe this helps. This is the header of an forwarded email to a domain hosted on the server.

sender email: [email protected]
    receiver email: [email protected]
    real mail box: [email protected]

(The email [email protected] is forwarding the emails to [email protected].)

Thats the header that I receive at [email protected]

Sorry if the explanation is confusing, and thank you very much for your time. Hope someone can help me fixing it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015