Problem with FTP Quotas

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by FreeVPS, Oct 30, 2006.

1. FreeVPS

FreeVPS New Member

When I have these in my pure-ftpd mysql config file:

Code:
    # Optional : query to get the maximal number of files
    # Pure-FTPd must have been compiled with virtual quotas support.

# MySQLGetQTAFS  SELECT QuotaFiles FROM users WHERE User="\L"

MySQLGetQTAFS   SELECT QuotaFiles FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")

# Optional : query to get the maximal disk usage (virtual quotas)
    # The number should be in Megabytes.
    # Pure-FTPd must have been compiled with virtual quotas support.

# MySQLGetQTASZ  SELECT QuotaSize FROM users WHERE User="\L"

MySQLGetQTASZ   SELECT QuotaSize FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")

The service won't start however if I comment them out the service runs fine. I'm storing all my details in a table called ftpd all other areas work except this, i've been trying various different ways of amending the sql query but no joy - anyone?

2. FreeVPS

FreeVPS New Member

I've tried running strace on this for about an hour and cannot see why it's failing.

This is all is in my logs:

Oct 30 13:25:57 mercury pure-ftpd: (?@?) [ERROR] Configuration error: Invalid SQL configuration file: /etc/pure-ftpd/mysql.conf
    Oct 30 13:26:49 mercury last message repeated 2 times
    Oct 30 13:28:02 mercury pure-ftpd: (?@?) [ERROR] Configuration error: Invalid SQL configuration file: /etc/pure-ftpd/mysql.conf
    Oct 30 13:31:49 mercury last message repeated 2 times

I'm using Fedora Core 5

As I say above if i remove those two lines it works ok - but if I enable them ftp falls over.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think you must escape the quotation marks in the two lines:

Code:
    MySQLGetQTAFS   SELECT QuotaFiles FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status=\"1\" AND (ipaccess = \"*\" OR ipaccess LIKE \"\\R\")

MySQLGetQTASZ   SELECT QuotaSize FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status=\"1\" AND (ipaccess = \"*\" OR ipaccess LIKE \"\\R\")

4. FreeVPS

FreeVPS New Member

Same problem :(

Code:
    Nov  1 11:10:17 mercury pure-ftpd: (?@?) [ERROR] Configuration error: Invalid SQL configuration file: /etc/pure-ftpd/mysql.conf

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's in /etc/pure-ftpd/mysql.conf now?

6. perldork

perldork New Member

Hi,

You have to pass

Code:
    --with-quotas
    to configure to enable the MySQLGetQTASZ and MySQLGetQTAFS configuration directives. Not well documented, I had to search through the source to find the

Code:
    #ifdef QUOTAS
    section that showed the code and then the configure script itself to find which configure switch caused QUOTAS to be defined for compilation.